Important Benefits of Fish Oil That You Must KnowMay 18, 2018
Your arteries become a place for cholesterol accumulation when you constantly partake of deep fried snacks as well as fast food. When your arteries become filled up with too much cholesterol, you will suffer from serious health conditions such as strokes and heart attacks. Consuming foods rich in calories has also been proven to be the leading cause of the ever-increasing obesity rates of the nation. Aside from losing your excess pounds and getting the health recommendations from your doctors, you can also start changing your overall lifestyle and introduce more healthy food options into your diet.
Omega 3 fatty acids rich in cold water fishes such as sardines, herring, and salmon aid in getting rid of the bad cholesterol content of your body, more specifically the low-density lipoproteins. Aside from these fish species, omega 3 fatty acids are also found among the oils extracted from fish. Today, it is no longer that hard to find a good supply of omega 3 fatty acids with the existence of omega 3 supplements flooding the market. Even with this high supplement supply, there is still no better source of omega 3 fatty acids than the natural sources.
Since time immemorial, research studies have shown that fish oil has been proven to be beneficial among a wide range of health conditions. Consuming fish oil coming from the liver of the fish has been found to aid in weight loss, arthritis, tension, depression, and many more. This short article will give you a list of the important benefits of fish oil that you must know.
• Reduce heart risks: Fish oil has been proven to be beneficial to your heart. Omega 3 fatty acids found in fish oil help in getting rid of the bad cholesterol found in your body. This bad cholesterol is the reason why people have increased risks of suffering from heart attacks and any other related conditions. Fish oil also helps in letting you maintain a heart rate within normal range.
• Fight cancer: Since fish oil is rich in long-chain omega 3 fatty acids, it has the capacity to reduce the production of Cox 2-derived prostanoids that are found among cancer cells. The two fatty acid components namely docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) also play a significant role in the treatment of cancer.
• Treat Alzheimer’s: Fish oil also aids in the proper functioning of the brain. Consuming fish oil in the long term has been proven to prevent brain shrinkage from happening among older adults.
• Reduce anxiety: As just mentioned, fish oil aids in the proper functioning of the brain. Aside from that, it also aids in the healthy development of one’s brain most especially during their growth period. By letting your kids consume fish oil, you ensure to keep them away from various forms of anxiety and stress.
• Reduce depression: Fish oil has also been proven to put an end to various mood disorders as well as depression. Not only will it fight depression but also it will improve the overall emotional well-being of the person.
• Help in pregnancy and fertility: Pregnant mothers taking some fish oil have been proven to have good skin and hair. In addition, they are able to give birth to children with enhanced problem-solving skills.