Obviously, dandruff is the least of your serious problems in life. There are other more pressing issues that you must pay close attention such as global warming, deficit budgets, and so on. However, you cannot deny the fact that having dandruff on your hair is a hassle. Fortunately, hassles are better resolved in comparison to serious problems in life. Yep, stop scratching your head. Here are some of the secrets to effectively getting rid of dandruff from your hair.
1. Never ignore your dandruff. No matter how less serious it is to have dandruff on your hair, you should not just leave your dandruff problem unattended. If you do, you will go into a cycle of scratch and itch for the nth time. Your dandruff will never disappear in itself. If you ignore it, you are just building more of it in your hair. That can cause some itching leading to some scratching. If you scratch your scalp vigorously, you might end up getting wounds there and having it open for infection to easily settle in.
2. Shampoo a lot. Always wash your hair a lot. If possible, you should do it every single day. Usually, the more you use shampoo frequently, the easier it is for you to keep your dandruff at bay.
3. Begin with mild. Usually, using a mild shampoo that is not medicated is already enough to take care of your dandruff problem. One of the most common causes of dandruff is having very oily scalp. When you shampoo your hair using a mild brand, you not only control the oil from your scalp but also you are not aggravating your scalp.
4. If it does not work, do the switch. When the mild regular shampoos do not help in letting you get rid of the dandruff found in your hair, it is high time that you switch to using shampoo with anti-dandruff formula. All dandruff shampoos are classified based on their active components that serve varying purposes. If you go with dandruff shampoos with zinc pyrithione and selenium sulfide, you can expect that the formula will work the fasted by decreasing the rate by which scalp cells multiply. On the other hand, dandruff shampoos with sulfur and salicylic acid help in loosening flakes so they can just be easily washed away. Moreover, dandruff shampoos with anti-bacteria content reduces the bacteria on the scalp so that the chance of getting infection will be decreased. Additionally, those dandruff shampoos with tar content retard the cell growth.
5. Lather twice and effectively. Regardless of the dandruff shampoo you select and use, make sure that you lather your hair twice using the right lathering methods. As soon as you get inside the shower, do your first lather. Use your finger pads in massaging your scalp so that flakes and scales will be loosened more effectively. Avoid rubbing too hard or you end up scratching your scalp. Keep the shampoo on until you are about finished taking your shower. You then proceed in rinsing your hair effectively and then follow it with another quick second lather and rinse. This second rinse will leave out a little amount of medication on your scalp for it to work until the following day you use shampoo.